Each January college music students and music faculty members are invited to attend the The NAMM Show in Anaheim, California. This music industry event is the largest music products trade show in the U.S. and, as a result, has been the industry trend-setter in unveiling cutting-edge technologies; creating household product names; showcasing emerging brands; and uniting every segment—large and small—in the music products industry.
While The NAMM Show is open to the music trade only, college music students and music faculty members are eligible to attend The NAMM Show by registering for The NAMM Foundation’s nationally renowned GenNext program. GenNext is a collaboration between The NAMM Foundation and The College Music Society (CMS) that brings college music students and music faculty members exclusive programming and access not available to the general public. If you are seeking a career in the music products industry, you won’t want to miss your opportunity to experience all that The NAMM Show has to offer those looking to have careers in the music or music products industry.
College music students and music faculty members are invited to connect with—and learn from—The NAMM Show’s global audience made up of the world’s most influential industry decision-makers, including independent music retailers, pro audio manufacturers, distributors, sales reps, engineers from recording studios, developers of gaming and apps, houses of worship, touring, theater and entertainment companies, as well as venue buyers looking for stage, lighting and event solutions.
To qualify for this exclusive NAMM Show opportunity, you must fit into one of the categories:
Current college music students studying music, music business, music technology or music education.
College-level music faculty members.
Don’t miss the opportunity to attend the world’s largest music products trade show and network with peers and industry leaders at The 2018 NAMM Show. Please read instructions on how to register prior to registering The 2018 NAMM Show (see below).
Reg cost = $25
Reg cost after the deadline = $50
Reg deadline = January 10 at 11:59 pm Pacific
Please read these instructions prior to registering The 2018 NAMM Show.
- To begin registration, click here, and “Start New Registration.”
- When asked, “Are you a current NAMM member,” select “No.” When asked, “Does your organization manufacture, distribute or sell products/services,” select “no.”
- Fill out the reg form with your contact information.
- Students: Use this code to purchase your $25 badge: NS18GNN. Faculty: Use this code to purchase your $25 badge: NS18GNFN.
- When asked, “Which professional community reflects the industry in which you work most” select, “Student or Educator.”
**Student ONLY should follow step #6.
6. When asked, “Please select which title most closely reflects your job function,” select “College Music Student” or “Audio Student” and provide your faculty’s name and email.
Once completed, you will receive an email letting you know of your pending badge registration. Within a few business days you will receive a badge confirmation via email that includes a barcode to be used to pick up your badge on site.