Fast rising American songstress Julia Paymer, is our guest on today’s episode of SM interview.The multi-talented songstress who recently released her latest single ‘Therapy’ field questions regarding her foray into music, her new single, personal life and much more.
The Nashville -based songwriter is a huge talent who can straddle genres.She started writing when she was around seven years old and she has eschewed the normal route and kept working and writing at her regular pace and has just released her new single, dubbed ‘Therapy’ .
Julia has remained highly coveted so far and she is definitely not letting up anytime soon as her music proficiency will always make way for her.She is currently working her way up to become a personality to reckon with in the American music sphere.Julia is an artiste that you all need to watch out for as she will be making a come back with more more impressive singles subsequently. Checkout the interview beneath and be sure to stream ‘Therapy‘ afterwards.
1. Briefly introduce yourself and how you first got into music?
My name is Julia Paymer and I’m from Los Angeles, California. I grew up playing guitar and starting writing when I was around seven years old. I was obsessed with music and it’s all I ever really was interested in, so I played in bands and wrote songs every day after school. I knew that my career would be based around music ever since I was a kid.
2. You are music student in Belmont University. How do you balance your academic life with making music?
Honestly, it’s kind of hard to find a balance recently. With online classes, it’s easy to get distracted. But Belmont has given me so many tools and resources that I use everyday with my music career. Being a songwriting major has honestly given me the knowledge I use right now and I am so grateful to Belmont for that.
3. You officially kick-started your music career as a solo artiste with ‘Therapy’. Can you tell us what inspired you to write this song?
I went through a really tough breakup in August. I had so many feelings inside of me I didn’t know what to do with, and I was tired of feeling bitter. To me, this song is all about turning anger and resentment into empowerment. That was a big goal for this song; to have listeners feel like crying and dancing at the same time.
4. What are two words that describe your new single Therapy?
5. As a songwriter, what’s the most challenging experience that you have had at the course of writing?
Getting “no’s” has been the hardest part for me. I’ve gotten so many people that don’t like my music and I just need to focus on the ones who do.
6. What’s your music making process and how long does it take you to write a song?
Every song is different, but it usually takes me about two hours to complete a song.
7. You obviously will be releasing couple of songs before the year runs out. How ready and willing are you to be consistent in this music business?
I am putting my all into this career and promise you many more singles very soon 🙂
8. Do you have an overarching philosophy you hope to communicate through your music? If yes! Can you tell us about that.
I’ve always known that music is healing, and that’s why I do it. Forget about all of the branding, business, streaming numbers; if my song helps one person, then I did my job.
9. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Watching New Girl and Twix bars!
10. What’s the general message that you have for all your supporters and where do you see yourself to be in the next five years as a songstress?
I see myself writing songs for lots of artists while continuing my own solo artist career! I promise much more where this came from