This year’s edition of the Black Entertainment Television(BET) Awards was nothing short of what was anticipated and for me, the most memorable moment among the lots was when Africa shone bright amidst all the Razzle-dazzle that characterized the event. Africa’s superstars, Burna Boy(Nigeria) and Sho Madjozi (South Africa) made her proud by emerging winners of Best International Act and Best new international act respectively. Cardi B, Burna Boy, Regina King, Spike Lee, others win big at the 2019 BET Awards, checkout the complete winners list.
The event hosted by Regina Hall was held at Microsoft theatre, Los Angeles last night and saw performances from Cardi B, DJ Khaled, Mustard, Lil Nas X and Billy Ray Cyrus, Lizzo, Meek Mill, City Girls, Kiana Lede, Lil Baby, Lucky Daye, and Migos. Big winners for the night were Cardi B who took the coveted Album of the year award after topping the nomination list with Seven nominations, Regina King, and Spike Lee’s “BlacKkKlansman
The complete the list of winners:
Best international act – Burna Boy (Nigeria)Winner.
AKA (South Africa)
Aya Nakamura (France)
Mr Eazi (Nigeria)
Best new international act – Sho Madjozi (South Africa)Winner.
Headie One (U.K.)
Octavian (U.K.) Teni (Nigeria)
- Video of the year – Childish Gambino, “This Is America.
- Best female R&B/pop artist – Beyoncé
- Best male R&B/pop artist – Bruno Mars
- Best female hip-hop artist – Cardi B
- Best male hip-hop artist – Nipsey Hussle
- Best new artist – Lil Baby
- Best group – Migos
- Best collaboration – Travis Scott featuring Drake, “Sicko Mode”
- Album of the year – Cardi B, “Invasion of Privacy”
- Viewers’ choice award – Ella Mai, “Trip”
- Dr. Bobby Jones best gospel/inspirational award – Snoop Dogg featuring Rance Allen, “Blessing Me Again”
- Best actress – Regina King
- Best actor – Michael B. Jordan
- Best movie – “BlacKkKlansman”
- Young stars award – Marsai Martin
- Sportswoman of the year -Serena Williams
- Sportsman of the year – Stephen Curry
- BET HER award – H.E.R., “Hard Place”
- Video director of the year – Karena Evans.